Wednesday 9 October 2013

Mariam Bakare: “Nollywood Is Filled With Prostitutes”

It’s obvious that actors and actresses have realize that they can’t survive financially just by acting.
Mariam Bakare has added another title to her cap as the publisher and the CEO of Central Star magazine.
Mariam Omolara Barake, the mother of three, in a recent interview, speaks on why she ventured into magazine production, her take on the Association of Nigerian Theatre Practitioners (ANTP) crisis and her fashion preferences.
Read excerpts below:
*WHY I KEPT A lOW PROFILE
I agree with you that at I kept a low profile in recent time. It was my decision to focus on another things and I don’t have any regret that I am still in the industry. I think it was high time for me to take such step since I had already registered my face in the minds of my fans and it was a thing I have been longing for years back. To me, what I am doing at present is still part of entertainment. I now produce a magazine called ‘Central Star magazine’. Despite all odds, the outcome is really impressive. The magazine focuses on the entertainment industry, both up-and-coming and
stars, legends of the industry, entertainment events, behind the scenes, culture and tradition among others.
*WHETHER I AM TIRED OF ACTING.
I can’t be tired of my passion. It is just that I had to pause for a while. It got to a stage that I had to mellow down to focus more on my family. I
discovered that my family needs me more, so I had to make a u-turn to attend to my home diligently before any other thing.
*TAKE ON PROVOCATIVE DRESSING.
It is not ideal to castigate anyone concerning this because we are all brought up from a different home and background. Back in the days, any lady that wore trousers is described as a prostitute, but it is a different thing today. This is because we have been influenced by the foreign world. Today, provocative dressing is on the increase, it is beyond trousers. You cannot comprehend what you see in the social world today.” EVEN IN OUR INDUSTRY,IT IS NOW A MIXTURE OF PROSTITUES AND
PROFESSIONALS”. We have gone beyond what we tapped from the foreign world. Our young generations have also joined the race of indecent
dressings. A lot of actors in the industry don’t have passion for this profession; they have come into the industry with a dirty motive and to sell or showcase themselves. We have made effort to caution them, but they would not want to adjust.
Whether they like it or not, nemesis will catch up with them someday. They are poised to flaunt their selling points and to use the industry as a
means to showcase their businesses. That is why they do all sort to look for fame. We are expected to be a good model to our fans and the general
public.
*MY HUSBAND’S SUPPORT
I thank God for the kind of man He gave me. He is always ready to give a hand to actualise my dream. He was the person that registered my company and came home to give me the certificate. The management of the home front and my career has always been smooth with his assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...