Wednesday 26 June 2013

OJB Has Only 8 Weeks To Survive, Kidney Transplant Must be Done Faster


OJB Jezreel gave an interview to Encomium magazine yesterday Monday June 24th where he said he has about eight weeks left to get his operation done. Excerpts...


"When early diagnosis was done, it was just a case of renal failure. Right now, my two kidneys are gone. We are running dialysis at the moment. It started two years ago, but gradually depreciated. Most people tend to attribute kidney problem to drinking and smoking. I was told it doesn't have anything to do with that, because as much as I drink and smoke then, it was casual drinking. Maybe they offer you a bottle of drink and all that but not like I drink 15 bottles a day. I have a friend who has gone through this and he never drank or smoked.

"The whole process of the treatment from pre-process, transplanting process and post-transplanting will cost about $100, 000. In two years I have spent up to N5million which I have been trying to maintain myself.That is why it has been kept secret."

"God willing, I have like eight to ten weeks more to get the transplant done. It's strange, I still walk around a little. I can't eat much though. I trust God and Nigerians for their financial support"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...