Tuesday 14 May 2013

Police Parade Ex-Governor, Alao-Akala’s Cleaner For Stealing

A Beninoise, Mr. Francise Kadibuwa, was on Monday paraded by the Oyo State Police Command, Eleyele, Ibadan for burgling the Bodija residence of former Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala.

alao_akala

Kadibuwa, one of the domestic staff of the former governor, allegedly stole an undisclosed amount of money (foreign currency) and other valuables belonging to his master’s wife on May 5.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Mohammed Indabawa, said the matter was reported to the police by Oluwakemi, wife of the former governor.
Indabawa explained that the suspect reportedly broke into Oluwakemi’s apartment, ransacked the place and made away with some valuables and money.
He said, “Based on her report, a team of crack detectives from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad was detailed to investigate the case and unravel the identity of the criminal.
“After a diligent and painstaking investigation, one Francise Kadibuwa, a Benionise, who is a cleaner in the house, confessed to the crime.
“He claimed he single-handedly planned and executed the burglary by buying the house-breaking implements like hammer, saw-blade, two chisels and nail removers a week before the burglary.
“He carried out the operation between 1am and 3am of May 5, when the occupants of the house had travelled to Ogbomoso.”
The suspect said, “One of the four wives of my father cast spell on me that I would commit a blunder in my place of work”. He said he was forced to confess when an Islamic cleric brought a concoction that would force the culprit to confess.
He said, “I went there last week Friday between 1.00am and 3.00am I broke the window with the tools that I bought so that they would not suspect me. I keep the keys to the house. If I entered through the door they would suspect me, so, I chose to enter through the window.
“I stole foreign currency, jewellery, shoes and other valuables but returned them after making confession to the police.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...