Friday, 8 March 2013

Ghanaian Footballer Bathed With Acid

YAW BEEKO, a 29-year-old footballer from Asante-Akyem area in the Ashanti Regionm Ghana, has been bathed with acid by an aggressive husband, Kwame Amoah, who accused Beeko of allegedly flirting with his wife.

Amoah, a miner, committed the act at 12:30pm on November 11, 2012 at Manso Kwabenaso in the Amansie West District, shortly after the complainant's arrival in the community to join his teammates.

Amoah was remanded in prison custody when he appeared before a circuit court in Bekwai presided over by Daniel Kwaku Obeng on Monday.

Kwasi Amoah, also 29, was caged to re-appear on March 20, 2013 after pleading not guilty to the charge of assault and causing harm.

The miner lost his cool that afternoon and subsequently launched the deadly attack on the footballer, who had joined his teammates in his manager's residence where the accused was a tenant.

Beeko, who lost an eye due to the incident, is still on admission at the St. Martin's Catholic Hospital at Agroyesum where he was rushed to for treatment.

The prosecutor, Detective Sergeant Stephen Ofori, informed the court that Yaw Beeko became a victim of the unfortunate incident while he was washing his apparel shortly after his arrival in the community.

According to him, the complainant, on November 11, 2012, lodged into the residence of his team manager to await a football match between his team and another at Manso-Kwabenaso.

Upon arrival, prosecution stated, Beeko decided to wash his clothes as they were dirty due to the dusty road leading to the community.

Sergeant Ofori narrated that the accused person, who was a tenant in the house, emerged and confronted the complainant, accusing him of flirting with his (Amoah's) wife.

Amoah, who was armed with concentrated acid in a Tampico container, immediately poured the fluid on the complainant's face and body without verifying if the rumour was true or not.

Prosecution added that the aggressive man, apparently not satisfied with his action, chased Amoah, who was running from danger.

Sergeant Ofori said it took the intervention of people around to save the victim.

The case was later reported to the police, while the victim was taken to the St. Martin's Hospital at Agroyesum.

The suspect was later arrested and charged with the offence after police investigations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...