Sunday 17 February 2013


RiRi for River Island? Fashion experts gave a resounding eye roll upon hearing that the oft scantily-clad singer had designed an entire collection for the UK fast fashion brand (for us Americans, think somewhere between Forever 21 and Bebe). But the singer was nonetheless given a full fashion week treatment in London on Saturday with a well-executed runway show geared towards "sassy, young personalities". But it wasn't enough to satisfy fashion critics as the collection was hilariously described as "Fright Night in Kmart", while MTV thought it "hit the nail right on the head".
The singer said of her designs, “It’s a lot of me. I’m being very selfish, I designed every piece so I that can wear it. I think my fans trust my style and I think they’ll have fun.” And she was right: Turns out she already has worn some very similar looks from other designers.
In true fashion week, uh, fashion, the
Read More »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...