Saturday 26 January 2013

PHOTOS: 26-Years-Old Gives Birth Twice In 9 Months

A woman has defiled all medical odds after giving birth to 2 babies in the space of 9 months, even though she was using contraception both times before she got pregnant.
2ce
Coping with a newborn baby can be tough, so spare a thought for Claire Ormrod who has had to do it twice in the space of just nine months.
Her son and daughter were born in such quick succession that they will even be in the same class at school.
But what is just as remarkable is that the babies survived at all after 26-year-old Miss Ormrod suffered dangerous complications during both pregnancies.
Daughter Alice arrived 15 weeks prematurely, weighing only 1lb 3oz, while Gareth weighed little more at 2lb when he was born 11 weeks early.
So serious were their conditions that both were in special care units at the same time, but in hospitals 230 miles apart. Their mother said: ‘I’m just so grateful they are both still with us.’
photo 










Miss Ormrod has three older children, Molly (7), Jack (5) and Charlie, (2) and was on the contraceptive pill when she became pregnant with Gareth.
She said: ‘I was absolutely petrified when I found out I was pregnant again. All of my children, apart from Molly, have been born progressively early, so I convinced myself I was going to have another very early, premature baby.
‘My GP said I should have a termination. He said [the pregnancy] would end up killing me and the baby and that it wouldn’t be fair to put me through it. But I said no.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...